Friday, May 03, 2013

First thing in the morning...

I start my day at my easel. Some days I use my indoor studio, other days I pack up and take it outside. Artwork is just that, work. Producing a work of art in any medium takes time. Being an artist takes commitment, discipline, and dedication, like any other job, or the day can easily be lost to other things. So I get up every morning and get to work.

These past few months I've been working on a series of small oil paintings. This is my latest one:
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

laura said...

Really stunning. Love the colors, the sense of light and space.
I hope to get to Maine to paint someday!

Maine Artist said...

Thank you, Laura. I, too, hope you get to Maine to paint someday soon, to capture some fantastic landscapes in your lovely watercolor technique.